Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Carnival's CEO Retires


Carnival Cruise Line's President and CEO, Bob Dickinson announced that he will retire at the end of the year. I was completely surprised by the annoucement. I met Bob in 1995 at a Cruise Convention, that day we had some of the most inspirering conversation which shaped my career in the industry. Bob Dickinson is one of the cruise industry most recognizable and influential executives. We will miss him.

"I have been blessed to have had a long, fun-filled career helping to build Carnival and the cruise industry," Dickinson said. "I'm still having fun so giving all of that up has been a very difficult decision, but I'll be 65 next month and have been pondering this with my family for some time. I look forward to working with Gerry who will inherit what I believe is the most talented and dedicated management team in the cruise industry."

Dickinson's boss for some time, Carnival Corp. Chairman and CEO Micky Arison, said: "Bob has truly achieved legendary status in the travel industry. There is simply no other travel industry executive who is as well known and respected as he." Arison called Dickinson "one of the most influential people in the development of the modern-day cruise industry" who will be missed "not only by everyone here at Carnival, but by travel agents, his competitors and the media who loved his often humorous sound bites."

Gerry Cahill will assume the responsibility of President and CEO immediately "so that there is an ample transtition period," the company said David Bernstein, Carnival Corp.'s vice president and treasurer, will become the company's CFO, also effective immediately.

2 comments:

boat jobs said...

I have had cruise ship jobs for quite some time now and i don't think I can see myself retiring soon. If ever I would, I might still board a cruise ship and enjoy myself. That time only being served.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on interlinerates.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Research shows that closely 60% of all United States grownups are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.